Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 28, 2010 The Day the Budget took a Beating

Two words to finish the budget - Freeport Maine. Not a place to visit on a budget. The whole town seems to be one huge outlet mall shopping mecca. Originally one of the claims to fame for Freeport was the flagship store for LL Bean but now there is store after store offering outlets. We arrived early in the morning and managed to find a pull through parking spot for the Jetta and Rascal and off we went. We really only went into 4 or 5 stores but the budget was history. At least they were all great buys. I had been looking for some Keen walking shoes in my size for our fall trip to Europe and I finally found them at LL Bean. Marla found some great buys at The North Face Outlet.
We left Freeport and headed north along Route 1. We stopped for lunch at the Brunswick Diner - they had a sign proclaiming Maine's best lobster roll - Marla tells me not so much. I had a shrimp roll and it was the best I had ever had - mind you it was the first one I had ever had!



We continued north and stopped at Camden Hills State Park just outside of Camden. We setup camp and headed back into town to be touristy for a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment